Dr Oz Chickpea Popcorn Recipe, Snack and Chick Peas To Curb Cravings

Chick Pea Popcorn Recipe Dr Oz, Chickpea Popcorn Recipe, Dr Oz

Dr Oz Chickpea Popcorn Recipe


Today Dr. Oz did an episode called "Dr Oz Approved Crash Diet" and talked about how you can lose 10 pounds in a week.  During one particular segment of the show Dr Oz invited a woman to the stage who lost 220 pounds on this diet and she looked absolutely amazing.  Truly looked like two different women.  Dr Oz asked her how she lost her weight.  She said that she always used to get cravings for salty foods which triggered her bad food choices.  This Chickpea Popcorn recipe is what she snacks on that helps to curb her cravings and was a key recipe in helping her lose her weight.  Also check out the bean brownie and banana recipes that were on today's Dr Oz show.

I have listed the Chickpea Popcorn recipe below.  It looks so simple and easy to make, I think I'm going to go to the grocery store after making this post just to get some chickpeas!  I'm being serious.  Not changing close, not getting ready, I'm heading straight to the store to get all the ingredients.  I especially like it because of it's simplicity.  Simply mix the ingredients together and bake!  Simple as that..

Chickpea Popcorn Recipe


Ingredients :

  • 15 Oz chick peas
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon of oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil
  • Pinch of pepper
Directions :

Okay, you ready for these long drawn out directions? Mix the ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Easy enough?  I can really imagine how this would be a great healthy snack for when you are craving salty foods.  She mentioned that she rinses her chickpeas.  I love chick peas but I've used to choose "salted" chickpeas, so make sure you get them without salt or rinse them if your trying to curb salt cravings and lose weight.  Salt just retains water and will make you look and feel bloated anyway ;)  Let me know if you try this recipe and let us know what you think.  If you like to snack while watching tv, this looks like a healthy alternative to salted (and buttered) popcorn and snacks of that sort.

1 comment:

  1. I TRIED IT BY MEMORY WHEN I SAW THE SHOW. I LOVE THEM! THEY ARE BEST RIGHT OUT THE OVEN, BUT STILL GOOD WHEN COOLED. GOOD IN SALAD OR JUST ALONE. NEXT TIME, I WILL ADD THE OTHER INGREDIENTS TOO THAT I FORGOT. AM DISAPPOINTED MY CHICK PEAS HAD SALT IN THEM :-(

    ReplyDelete