Dr Oz, Asian Chicken Salad Recipe

Dr Oz Asian Chicken Salad Recipe


I love Asian food and when today Dr Oz had a segment on an Asian Chicken Salad recipe I knew that I had to set my DVR and I'm sure glad that I did!  You really don't need too many ingredients for this recipe and it's fast and easy to make!  The recipe was shared by Chris Nirschel who is a celebrity chef!  They were doing a segment on gourmet meals that you can make from canned goods.  I supposed it would be better if you used fresh chicken but I'll go with what was featured on the show.  This may come in handy on those days when you don't feel like shopping and you want to use up some of your canned goods in the cupboard!

Ingredients :
  • 1 9-12 ounce can of chicken
  • 1 8.5 - 11 ounce can of mandarin oranges
  • 1 scallion
  • 1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
  • 1/2 tablespoon of Sriracha (warning.  Sriracha is spicy so you may want to go with less if you have a low tolerance for spice. HOWEVER, if your love spice like I do you can add a pinch or two extra ;))
  • 1/4 cup of soy sauce
  • 1 container of rice noodles
  • 1 8 ounce can of water chestnuts
  • 1 lime
Directions :

  • Drain the water chestnusts, canned chicken, and mandarin oranges
  • Mix (above) with rice noodles
  • Mix in chopped scallions, sesame seeds, Sriracha, lime, and soy sauce.
They gave the recommendation that you don't need to season with salt because of the salt content that is already in the soy sauce.

So, what do you think?  Willing to try this recipe?  I personally loved all the ingredients involved and love Asian food so I think I'm going to give this a try.  If you have your own Asian recipes that you would love to share with us, please leave some comments below!

Related :

300 Calorie Chicken Parmesan Recipe - You've got to try this chicken parmesan recipe.  Normally a chicken parmesan recipe has over 1000 calories.  This recipe can be made for less than 300!  Delicious and healthy at the same time!  Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment